Go Sailing on the Coast Of Maine
calm waters and brisk ocean breezes make for perfect sailing conditions in
Penobscot Bay. Take a 2-hour tour of the Bay and enjoy the breathtaking scenery
and wildlife of the Maine coast and nearby islands. If you are planning a trip
to the Coast of Maine, you should reserve your spot early, as the tours fill quickly.
Here are a few of the best Camden, Maine sailing tours available.
· Schooner Surprise – Whether you are looking to join a tour group or charter the boat privately, this crew can meet your needs. The tours leave from Camden and sail through the Bay. Patrons enjoy spectacular views of the coast, lighthouses, wildlife and grand summer estates. They also offer sunset tours with live music, moonlight sails filled with romance and special tours to view the fireworks. Their tours sail seven days a week from the middle of May to the middle of October.
· Schooner Anjacaa – Run by the same captain as Schooner Surprise, this boat offers more intimate tours with fewer passengers. It takes on only six passengers each tour and offers their guests the most in luxury and comfort. This boat is built for speed. Passengers are whisked from one beautiful vista to another. They offer public tours four times a day, seven days a week, from June 15th to September 30th. From May 20th to June 14th and all of October they are available for private charters only.
· Schooner Olad and Cutter Owl – these two ships sail out of Camden and tour Penobscot Bay. They promise incredible views of the rocky coastline, wildlife, including seals and magnificent seabirds, stately mansions, other sailing vessels and lobster boats. They offer five tours a day from the middle of May to the Middle of October.
· Schooner Appledore – this tour boat, the largest day sailor in the harbor, offers wonderful views of the coastline, wildlife, islands and other vessels on the bay. The crew is young and lively. They offer three tours a day from June through October and have cocktails, wine, beer and soft drinks as well as light fare available for purchase on board. Another unique feature of the Appledore is that they allow friendly dogs onboard.
· Camden Harbor Cruises – for something a bit different, this tour
offers its passengers a chance to haul up lobster traps and see what's inside.
Of course, there are still magnificent views of the coastline, islands and the
other wildlife to enjoy. They run tours seven days a week from the
middle of May until the middle of October.
matter which tour you choose, start and finish your journey from the
Captain Swift Inn. Located less than a half a mile from the harbor, the Captain Swift Inn Bed and Breakfast offers beautifully appointed rooms and
suites, balconies, decks and our unique candlelight breakfasts. Close to so
many fun and fascinating tourist destinations, let us be the base for your
remarkable Midcoast Maine vacation. Contact us for more information about planning a
great vacation with us.